You are on Home/ SYMPTOMS, CAUSES AND TREATMENT TO OVERCOME DYSESTHESIA
Neurological state of abnormal and repulsive feelings is termed as dysesthesia. Dysestheria caused due to anxiety. It can directly show its reactions on skin, scalp, legs and mouth. This disorder leads to mental disorders like anxiety, depression. Dysesthesia is a Greek word. Dys indicates abnormal and aesthesis means feeling or sensation. Dysesthesia may appear along with paresthesia. Latter means unusual epidermal sensation, unusual feel of touch and it discomforts the feelings which can be felt in stimulus absence.
Dysesthesia is a chronic disorder which highly results as anxiety and depression for patients who suffer from sensory neuropathy can experience the dysesthesia. This disease can be experienced without any external cause. For the proper way of medication contacting a physician is preferentially recommended. Even though the patient is not touched by anything they may feel discomforting sensation. Keep yourself away from anxiety to safeguard yourself from this disorder. Neurological pain referred as dysesthesia. Dysesthesia sometimes also called as psychosomatic disorder.
Causes of dysesthesia:
• Dysesthesia can be caused due when any sensory nerves and peripheral nerves are damaged.
• When sensory pathways are injured. Many medical stages that are related with abnormal sensations are diabetic neuropathy, herpes, Guillain Barre Syndrome; post lyme disease, multiple sclerosis.
• Complicated stage of diabetes is diabetic neuropathy causing high blood sugar levels and damages the body nerves which results as dysesthesia.
• Shingles caused by zoster virus causes chickenpox remains dormant which resides in the spinal cord of the body when it is reactivated it can leads to numbness, abnormal, tingling which is again a dysesthesia.
• Guillane barre syndrome exceptional and dangerous disorder where immune system attacks the nerves by mistake causing swelling.
• Dysestheria typically observed in dejerine roussy syndrome in which loss of hemi sensory seen.
• Post lyme disease characterized by headaches, fever, pain in joints, fatigue and neurological dysesthesia.
• HIV can also be the cause for dysesthesia.
• Multiple sclerosis affects (CNS) central nervous system. Damage of myelin sheath causing tingling in the limbs and burning sensation.
• Dysesthesia can also be caused due to withdrawal of drug or alcohol.
• Chemotherapy, psychological disorders results in dysesthesia.
Symptoms of dysesthesia are as follows:
• Distortion of the sense of touch.
• Dysesthesia can cause severe aching.
• Feeling of acid under the skin.
• Unpleasant sensations in response to contact with an ordinary stimulus.
• Cutaneous dysesthesia is a type of dysesthesia which can cause distasteful feelings when person experiences regular stimulus such as bedding, clothing.
• The contact of fabrics or friction from fabrics may stimulate severe pain and weird sensations.
• Such sharp pains leads to depression and anxiety.
• Skin burning, itching, pins and needle feelings.
• Parasthesia can also occur which shows characteristics like altered reactions they might not cause any kind of pain.
• Discomforting senses is major symptom.
Types of dysesthesia:
Dystheria can be categorized based on the body part where the sensation is felt and what kind of sensation. Dysthesia is of 4 types namely
• Cutaneous dysesthesia
• Scalp dysesthesia.
• Occlusal dysesthesia.
• Burning dysesthesia
Cutaneous dysesthesia can be experienced when patient body comes in contact with fabric, bedding. It can show symptoms like burning sense, tingling, mild to incapacitating pain, sensing something underneath the skin. Stabbed or frozen chronic anxiety, somatoform disease, personality disease etc.
This directly affects the scalp causing high itching of scalp and ache or burning feeling on the scalp.
Damage to the oral tissues, upper jaw and face structures can result in biting feeling in the mouth region. This is also called as phantom bite. Individuals gone under dental surgery are usually affected by this disorder.
When patient discovers the part of body is put on fire such heavy burning sensation. This condition may occur even if there is no injury for the tissues or the skin.
Treatment for dysesthesia:
• First line treatment is provided by giving amitriptyline, gabapentin, forums duloxetine.
• Antidepressants are given to treat depression and anxiety.
• Regular medication as per doctor’s prescription.
• Oral muscle physical therapy is given for occlusal dysesthesia i.e., due to the damage of oral muscles or upper jaw.
• Scrambled signals can be stopped by having a nerve electrical stimulation.
• Those who suffer from occlusal dysesthesia should deny for all dental work.
• Keep your sugar level in control.
• Join support groups which brings back the self confidence by this mental disorders will be cured and to recover from psychological discomforts.
• Most of the times women are affected with mental disorders. Antidepressants of low doses are given to such patients to treat dysesthesia.
• Patient may feel alone sensing that he/she is the only person suffering from such abnormality. For such people online forums are suggested as they can interact with the people who suffer from similar problems.
• Patients must try to reduce the anxiety permanently without any kind of antidepressants.
• The long time stress can overwhelm your psychological health status, so keep yourself calm which reduces strain and removes anxiety from you.
• Meditation and listening to some relaxing music might be helpful as it relieves stress.
Restaurant le caf du port Bordeaux - Le caf du port Levitra other drugs 4A Forum - Texas High School Baseball Forums
Forums - Texas High School Baseball Forums
Action for AIDS Singapore Doing It Better
Drug Price Comparisons Online Kamagra
Giahninternational Bed Breakfast