Foods That Promote Hair Growth
If you suffer from hair loss, you may wonder about foods that promote hair growth. While hair loss has many treatments, food for hair growth is one of the healthiest options for improving the look of your hair.
In this article, we will discuss the basics of hair loss and show you how foods that promote hair growth are vital to growing healthy hair.
Hair loss affects up to 40% of women and half of men at some point in their lifetimes. Some causes of hair loss include:
- Inadequate nutrition. This factor can be eliminated by incorporating plenty propecia of foods that promote hair growth into your daily diet.
- High levels of DHT, a hair-loss contributing hormone. Green tea may help correct these problematic hormone imbalances; a low-fat diet may also be beneficial.
What are the top foods that promote hair growth?
When choosing food for hair growth, remember that hair is made of protein; therefore protein-rich foods should make up a high percentage of your diet. The second most important hair nutrient is iron. Each key nutrient below lists the foods that promote hair growth:
- Protein: liver, brewer's yeast, fish, eggs, beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, tofu.
- Iron: liver, whole grain cereals, dark green leafy vegetables, eggs, dates, raisins.
- B Vitamins: eggs, meat, poultry.
- Essential Fatty Acids: walnuts, canola oil, fish, soy.
- Vitamin E: avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil.
- Sulfur: meats, fish, nuts, legumes, vegetables (especially onions).
As you plan ways to incorporate food for hair growth, also be aware that there are some culprits in our diets that are actually detrimental to our hair!
- Carbonated drinks
Men and Women: Top foods that promote hair growth
Hair loss in men and women may be due to different factors. Women's hair loss may be due to a gastrointestinal (GI) tract problem. To help correct a sluggish GI tract, women may want to increase their intake of low-fat yogurt with active acidophilus cultures. These helpful bacteria will help to speed the GI tract and, in turn, improve the overall health of hair.
Men may benefit from a low-fat diet. Hair loss is tied to elevated testosterone levels, and meat and fat in the diet act to raise these levels even more. By reducing fat and meat intake, men may be able to lower their hormone levels and thus slow the hair loss cycle caused by hormones.
Though androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness) cannot be prevented altogether, consuming food for hair growth can help the hair you have to look its healthiest and fullest. In addition to getting ideal nutrition, other hair loss prevention tactics include getting plenty of rest and avoiding over styling of hair.
- Prescriptions - Medications including Rogaine, Propecia and Corticosteroids may promote hair growth in some individuals; however, the side effects of drugs are numerous and medications can be expensive.
- Food for hair growth - The best part about foods that promote hair growth is that they come in a wide variety, and are easy to add to your diet at every meal.
- Surgery - Surgical options, including scalp flaps and hair transplantation, may work for large scale hair loss, but they require a long recovery and can bring complications.
- Natural Remedies - Many hair loss patients have found success with all-natural products; these treatments work in sync with your body so that there are no side effects as with prescription drugs.
In addition to a healthy, balanced diet with the proper nutrients, many people have benefited from the use of Provillus. This all-natural herbal product supplements your diet to provide even more of the most critical nutrients for hair growth and health, and is equally effective for men and women.
Follow this link to learn more about Provillus, and see if it might be the answer you are looking for.
See your doctor if you have a sudden or severe loss of hair, or if you are experiencing any health problems. A doctor may diagnose an illness that is causing your hair loss. Be sure to ask about food for hair growth.
More than foods that promote hair growth on our most effective hair loss product page
Quickcare Self Care Home Page
Disclaimer, Copyright and Privacy Notice
Elton John: Hairpiece or Hair Regrowth? - Hair Loss Vigrx plus exercises video Hair Transplant: Procedure, Recovery Side Effects
A Complete Guide to Stopping Hair Loss Bellatory
Anyone Have Success With Finasteride - Patient
The Truth about Propecia - Men's Health
Foods That Promote Hair Growth - Quick Care
Giahninternational Bed Breakfast